Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That Perfect Moment

There is a time in a marriage or a relationship when you have... That Perfect Moment. My first date with my husband was on Thanksgiving. I invited him to our Thanksgiving dinner and every year at this time I think about how we got started. We have been together 10 years this Thanksgiving. There have been so many perfect moments in our life together, but I recently had the one that stood out more than any others in the past 10 years. There are many that I could count as perfect like:
When I first met my husband and I knew he was the one.
The day he proposed in a way that only he could, on our farm in the midst of cows. Sounds strange but it was so perfect he could have never done it any other way.
The day we got married I thought there was no way I could ever be happier.
The day he finished building our home that we have lived in now for almost 9 years.
The way he looks when he is so proud of our boys.
How it feels being wrapped in his arms, so safe and comforting.
All of these times in our life have been perfect and wonderful. After you are with someone for 10 years you think you have done it all. Then it happens you have, That Perfect Moment. For me it has been seeing my husband grow and change. There is a time when what is really in your heart comes right to the surface and there is no denying the love and vulnerability that comes with it. Some people bury their fears and emotion their entire life. Then there are those that face them head on and become a better person for doing so. There is nothing that can compare to the way it feels when after all of this time you look at your husband and know that at that exact moment you love him more than you could ever imagine possible. We all go through the motions in life get married, have a family, be a good spouse, work and pay bills etc. Then there is the time when it all comes together and you know without a doubt that you have found your purpose, you are with your soul mate and the life that you live is exactly where you are meant to be. I have never been so in love with my husband or so grateful for the life he provides for our family. If you have not had your moment, you will. If you have, then you know exactly what I am talking about!

1 comments:

Claudia said...

It is interesting how much you could love someone and how that someone can get on your last nerve at the same time. I can't imagine having a first date for Thanksgiving Dinner. If anyone could survive that he could so anything. My husband and I have been married 37 years and when I first met him I knew he was the man I wanted to marry too.